14 Feb Senior Test and Evaluation (T&E) Engineer
Position Title: Senior Test and Evaluation (T&E) Engineer
Crucible Criminal Justice Programs (CCJP) is in search of a seasoned and motivated Senior T&E Professional. The ideal candidate has program/project management experience as well as a firm grasp of T&E, statistics/statistical analysis, and possesses strong verbal and written communication skills. Applicants should have a passion for their work; be innovative, critical thinkers; and possess strong math and data analysis skills. CCJP candidates are focused and solution-oriented individuals who work well independently and are not easily distracted from assigned tasks. In addition to being able to comply with standard T&E methodologies, candidates must also be able to quickly design ad hoc quick look and operational utility assessments based on informal need statements and minimum resources. Further, candidates must be able to conduct post-test data reduction and analysis as well as interviews and surveys, and efficiently convey the “so what” results of both scenarios in test reports that accurately inform government decision makers.
- Conduct analysis of operational requirements, and translate requirements and test information into understandable Test and Evaluation (T&E) products (i.e., test plans and final reports)
- Develop data collection tools (including surveys, checklists, and after-action interview questions) in support of test events
- Analyze integrated architectures against concepts of operations and employment to identify critical issues on which to focus data collection activities
- Conduct post-test data analysis and develop final reports following test events
- Track information gained/data collected in the field and at test venues, used for validating requirements, and ultimately resolving Critical Operational Issues (COIs)
- Make recommendations on the adequacy of the data collected and the statistical significance of test results
- Apply statistical methods to data collection and test results to determine mathematical confidence levels
- Provide daily T&E support to Program Manager, Project Lead, T&E Working Integrated Project Team, and client staff members from both on and off client site
- Plan and implement data collection methodologies based on analysis of operational requirement sets
- Develop comprehensive electronic data repositories linking collected data to test goals
- Apply Design-of-Experiments and statistical data collection methodologies, in support of Mission-Based Testing methods
- Develop structured user surveys using electronic/online tools
- Track T&E results-to-requirements following operational testing (e.g. RVTM)
- Analyze test results
- Develop charts/graphs that illustrate test results
- Provide administrative support for other tasks as assigned
Education & Credentials: A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or a related field is required. A master’s degree is desired. Completion of the Navy’s Operational Test Director Course or an equivalent government course is required. Certified Test and Evaluation Professional, Project Management Professional or DAWIA T&E certification is desired.
General Skills and Experience: Must have at least six years of professional experience in test and evaluation of military or government systems. Must exhibit a high degree of initiative and critical thinking skills in order to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment. Must possess strong analytical, oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills. Be organized and detail-oriented with the ability to develop electronic data forms and surveys based on written operational requirements. Strong Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills are a must.
Citizenship and Security Clearance Requirements: Applicants must have a US citizenship. Successful applicants will need to successfully complete a background investigation (BI) prior to beginning work. Nothing in applicant’s history should prevent them from obtaining a security clearance. Persons with an existing security clearance are preferred.
Location: Telework and Norfolk, VA. Some travel to test events is expected (less than 20%).
Availability: This is a contingent, full-time position.
Contact: Steve Vigus, Business Development Manager, email@example.com
Crucible Criminal Justice Programs (CCJP), is a highly-specialized provider of technology, engineering, security solutions and other demanding technical requirements in the national security and mission-support operational space. We serve the full range of federal stakeholders and industry partners with a security cleared workforce, delivering a wide range of integrated professional and engineering services in support of national security and law enforcement missions. CCJP is a Virginia-based Small Business and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Garud Technology Services, Inc.