14 Feb Test and Evaluation (T&E) Engineer
Position Title: Test and Evaluation (T&E) Engineer
Crucible CJP (CCJP) is in search of a motivated, self-driven person with experience performing operational test and evaluation. Applicants should have a passion for their work, be innovative, and possess strong math and statistical analysis skills. Targeted candidates are focused and solution-oriented individuals who work well independently and are not easily distracted from assigned tasks. An ideal candidate would be a self-disciplined, detail-oriented, analytical thinker who can develop data collection, management, and analysis methods from written requirements. Further, candidates must be able to plan for data requirements through application of design of experiments and conduct post-test data reduction and analysis, and communicate results in graphical representations for inclusion in test reports that inform government decision makers.
- Conduct analysis of operational requirements, and translate requirements and test information into understandable Test and Evaluation (T&E) products (i.e., test plans and final reports).
- Develop data collection tools (electronic and others) in support of test events.
- Understand, manage, and trace operational requirement sets to focus data collection activities.
- Conduct post-test data analysis and develop final reports following test events.
- Apply information gained/data collected at test venues to validate requirements and ultimately resolve Critical Operational Issues (COIs).
- Make recommendations regarding the adequacy of the data collected and the significance of test results.
- Apply statistical methods to data collection and test results to determine adequacy of the test sample size and resulting statistical power and confidence levels.
- Provide daily T&E support to the T&E Project Manager, T&E Working Integrated Project Team, and staff members both on and off client site.
- Plan, initiate, and develop comprehensive electronic data repositories from written operational requirement sets.
- Plan and implement electronic and written data collection methodologies based on analysis of operational requirement sets.
- Apply Design-of-Experiment/statistical data collection methodologies, in support of Mission Based Testing methods.
- Develop online electronic surveys.
- Track T&E results-to-requirements following operational testing (e.g. RVTM).
- Analyze test results.
- Develop charts/graphs that illustrate test results.
- Provides administrative support for other tasks as assigned.
Education & Credentials: A degree in Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or a related field is desired; however, relevant experience in the areas mentioned would be considered. Completion of the Navy’s Operational Test Director course is desired.
General Experience: Must have at least three years of professional experience in test and evaluation or statistical/mathematical application. Must exhibit a high degree of initiative and critical thinking skills in order to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment. Must possess strong analytical, oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills. Be organized and detail-oriented with the ability to develop electronic data forms and surveys based on written operational requirements. Strong Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills are a must.
Location: Telework and Norfolk, VA. Some travel to test events is expected.
Citizenship and Security Clearance Requirements: Applicants must have a US citizenship and be eligible for a SECRET security clearance. Persons with an existing DoD security clearance or a BI for one or more DHS agencies are preferred.
Availability: This is a contingency position.
Contact: Steve Vigus, Business Development Manager, email@example.com
Crucible Criminal Justice Programs (CCJP), is a highly-specialized provider of technology, engineering, security solutions and other demanding technical requirements in the national security and mission-support operational space. We serve the full range of federal stakeholders and industry partners with a security cleared workforce, delivering a wide range of integrated professional and engineering services in support of national security and law enforcement missions. CCJP is a Virginia-based Small Business and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Garud Technology Services, Inc. (GTS).