07 Apr Operations Research Systems Analyst
Position Title: Operations Research Systems Analyst SME 15-2031
Yes ☒ No ☐ Clearances Required: DHS Secret
US Citizenship Required?
Yes ☒ No ☐
The Operations Research Systems Analyst (ORSA) selected for this position will serve as the quantitative analysis Subject Matter Expert (SME) on a major Advisory and Assistant Services (A&AS) contract in the DHS Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Support Services Division. The ORSA SME selected for this position will support Operational Test & Evaluation (OT&E) designed to assess the effectiveness of existing or new Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) technologies and processes against known or emerging threats. The ORSA SME selected for this position must have a strong background in research, quantitative analysis, including the use of statistical methods and tools (e.g., regression analysis, stochastic and deterministic modeling, etc.) the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams, stakeholders, and possess sound written and verbal communications skills. The ORSA SME will also advise CWMD organizational leadership on products and processes that are technical in nature and interact with external agencies while providing guidance to personnel performing technical tasks.
- Develop OT&E plans as part of a team
- Help develop data collection plans for OT&E, including the identification of key data sets needed to perform the analysis, data collection methods, types of analysis to be performed, and potential methods for reconciling/addressing data gaps and anomalies
- Select, tailor and employ the appropriate quantitative methods and tools needed to conduct analysis
- Analyze data on a wide range of technical, science and engineering topics as part of the OT&E performed on existing or emerging CBRN detection and protection capabilities.
- Develop findings and recommendations resulting from the data collection and analysis processes
- Develop analytical reports, papers (e.g., read-aheads, white papers, memos, etc.), and briefing materials as needed to inform decision makers or work progress and results. Participate in briefings as required.
- Experience providing industry studies, analyses, and evaluation in support of policy development, decision making, management, or administration of acquisition and development activities.
Minimum Qualifications / Educational Requirements:
- B.S. degree in Operations Research or similar science, technology, engineering or math (i.e., STEM) discipline plus 25 years of relevant experience, or M.S. degree in Operations Research or similar discipline plus 20 years relevant experience, or PhD in relevant discipline plus 10 years relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD in Operations Research, Systems Engineering or similar science, technology, engineering or math (i.e., STEM) discipline. MBA or another degree with significant quantitative analysis coursework also qualifies.
Location: Washington, DC on-site at client site
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with experience. CCJP has highly competitive benefits, excellent development opportunities and a great working environment.
Position Availability: Contingent – upon award, anticipated in June 2020
About Crucible Criminal Justice Programs (CCJP). CCJP is a highly-specialized provider of technology, engineering, security solutions and other demanding technical requirements. We serve the full range of federal stakeholders and industry partners with a security cleared workforce, delivering a wide range of engineering and professional services in the national security and mission support operational space. CCJP is a Virginia-based, Small Business that operates as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Garud Technology Services, Inc. (GTS), and is managed separately from the parent company. CCJP enhances GTS’s offerings in terms of breadth of technical services and operational environments. Our team includes engineers, scientists and operators with hard-to-fill experience unique to national security missions. We recruit and retain talent with real world experience. Learn more about CCJP at www.cruciblecjp.com.